[Tagging] The endless debate about "landcover" as a top-level tag

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 08:51:41 UTC 2018

So you would need a commitment from the tagger side not to do that, because
it would invalidate the experiment. Maybe a provision can be made for
cautious transitional measures if the experiment results in a go? Then all
projects are aware and there is no need for undiscussed mechanical edits.

> 8. Jun 2018 10:33 by pelderson at gmail.com:
>
> In this case, if there was a commitment from the renderer side, say to
> plan the rendering of landcover=trees and landcover=grass if the use of the
> key rises above [N] by [deadline], I think that would give taggers the
> choice they now don't have.
>

> The problem is that it would strongly encourage undiscussed mechanical
> edits.
>

> DWG has already massive queue of damaging edits without encouraging
> additional ones.

Vr gr Peter Elderson