[Tagging] Access=no for bus lanes

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 09:00:32 UTC 2018

Given problem is access=no stands for no one can use the way.
Then why buses would be allowed?
On a bus lane, buses aren't an exception, they are the reason of why the
lane was built.

The sentence "The *designated* value, when used with a mode of transport
key, indicates that a route has been specially designated (typically by a
government) for use by a particular mode (or modes) of transport." would
match the definition that the lane can only be used for a given mode of
transport like bus.

highway=unclassified + access=designated + bus=yes + cycle=yes is better,
aren't you ?

All the best
François

*François Lacombe*