[Tagging] Lifeguards

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 10:41:00 UTC 2018

I strongly disagree that they are the same, they are used to map different
things, as noted on the wiki by the detailed descriptions
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key%3Aemergency#Lifeguards.

Low usage is likely just because there aren't that many of these in the
real world and not many people have been mapping them.

So in my option we should continue to support the existing tags and keep
mapping with them. I've been mapping the areas I know using the current
defined schema.

"should be rendered" -> do you mean on the default OpenStreetMap style? Did
you want to open a ticket on the stylesheet issue tracker
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+lifeguard

+1 for having presets in the iD editor too.