[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Sauna

Jyri-Petteri Paloposki jyri-petteri.paloposki at iki.fi
Sun Jun 10 15:47:11 UTC 2018

On 10.06.2018 18:34, Johnparis wrote:
> You might (or might not) want to reconcile this with
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dpublic_bath

Thanks for the suggestion! A sauna, at least in Finland, is quite
different from a public bath. These two might of course exist in the
same place: A sauna nicely adds to a public bath, but most saunas in
Finland are just the sauna room next to the bathroom – and quite often
even without, for example at cabins that allow you to wash yourself in
the water. So I think we should change the division; though I'll
probably edit the Related tags -description in amenity=public_bath, it's
a bit misleading.

Best regards,
--
Jyri-Petteri Paloposki