[Tagging] I can't support transit:lanes

Bryan Housel bhousel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 11:09:42 UTC 2018

Amazing, but I’m not surprised that the JOSM devs figured this out years ago :)

OK, so we should probably have a conversation about how a tag like this can continue to exist for years with - not just no support but - literally everyone who writes software speaking out against it.

But for right now, can we get that page taken down so people stop tagging it, and have a proper proposal put up and accepted?
How quickly can the tagging community turn this around?

For the existing data, obviously I’m fine to just delete it, but I imagine someone out there would like their work preserved and converted to whatever new thing we need to (quickly) agree on.

thanks, Bryan