[Tagging] I can't support transit:lanes

Bryan Housel bhousel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 17:29:21 UTC 2018

> On Jun 11, 2018, at 1:17 PM, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com> wrote:
> 11. Jun 2018 13:09 by bhousel at gmail.com <mailto:bhousel at gmail.com>:
> But for right now, can we get that page taken down so people stop tagging it, and have a proper proposal put up and accepted?
> I added https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Proposed_features%2Ftransit&type=revision&diff=1617128&oldid=1617122 <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Proposed_features/transit&type=revision&diff=1617128&oldid=1617122>
Thank you!

> While iD design may exclude flooding user with warnings - why its rendering suggests that for example [building=yes; demolished=yes] is a good idea?

I already told you why here:  https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/4501#issuecomment-393726776 <https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/4501#issuecomment-393726776>

Any feature with any kind of ephemeral tag gets drawn with dashes.

iD also have a special rendering for old style multipolygons, so people can clean them up if they want to. Rendering something with dashes doesn’t mean we are encouraging people to tag a certain way - it just means “hey mapper, pay attention to this thing, there is something interesting about it”.

Please start a separate discussion thread if you want to discuss lifecycle tagging.

Thanks, Bryan