[Tagging] The endless debate about "landcover" as a top-level tag

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 09:24:04 UTC 2018

btw., we have only been discussing the term forest for landcover=trees, but
there are other places where trees grow, e.g. orchards, groves, copses,
bosks, thickets. We do have orchard as a tag, but we do not have anything
specific for copses and groves (some might be mapped as orchards?).
Thickets are generally mapped as natural=scrub? Bosk is a synonymon for
grove?

What about the distinction "forest" and "wood"? Is a wood smaller and a
forest denser?

Cheers,
Martin