[Tagging] RFC: amenity=waiting_room and amenity=waiting_area

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Wed Jun 13 13:04:59 UTC 2018

I would go for waiting_room=yes/no

And if we have waiting_room=foo/bar subtypes (no idea what subtypes there may be) for amenity=waiting_room in the future, then this naturally also applies to waiting_room tags on other features with any value other than no implying that there is a waiting room.

So you could have on its own node:

amenity=waiting_room

waiting_room=foo

or:

amenity=doctors

waiting_room=foo (implies waiting_room=yes)