[Tagging] Street exits

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 06:32:36 UTC 2018

Where is the maxspeed 15 km/h, only on the crossing with the sidewalk
? Then that is similar to traffic calming tables in Belgium, where the
max speed is also lower.

I would just map a point on the road with highway=crossing;
crossing="dutch_exit_construction_type". and perhaps a small segment
of the road with surface=paving_stones; maxspeed=15 and a
highway=give_way node next to the crossing node.
In Belgium you are supposed to stop at each highway=crossing and give
way to the pedestrians waiting to cross the street. So the give way to
pedestrians is somehow implied by the crossing.