[Tagging] Street exits

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 07:49:25 UTC 2018

If I understand this correctly, this is a T-junction, where

   1. the main road traffic has precedence (equivalent of highway=give_way
   plus direction=forward|backward on the joining road)
   2. pedestrians can cross and have precedence (highway=crossing plus
   crossing=unmarked)
   3. some kind of traffic calming (table)

The highway=give_way wiki page states:
" Particular regulations regarding appearance, installation, and compliance
with the signs or markings vary by jurisdiction."
This could cover this case as well.
You could add "give_way=unmarked" in analogy to the unmarked pedestrian
crossings.

BTW: If I renumber correctly, the UK Highway Code the through traffic at
the top of the "T" at a T-junction has implicit precedence (at least that
was the case when I took my UK driving license test in 1979. I don't think
these give-way situations are mapped explicitly in OSM in the UK.