[Tagging] Street exits

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 08:04:09 UTC 2018

I would tag a node

highway=give_way

traffic_calming=table

Perhaps a separate node for traffic_calming=table if you want to go to that detail.

This avoids drop or raised curbs and if they are understood for crossing a side street ..

I'd think curbs would usually follow the corners so that may be what renders and routers will do.

By placing the traffic calming there you have given the best chance of it being recognised.
And it is a lot less work than adding sidewalks etc.

Here the traffic calming devices don't have a 'speed limit' .. some have advisories but they cannot be enforced.