[Tagging] Street exits

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 12:51:01 UTC 2018

You are right, there is no legal source. De traffic regulations just state
that using an exit is a special manoeuvre, which means that you have to let
all other traffic (including pedestrians) go first.  In practice this would
mean a near standstill, then when everything is clear accelerate to
"stapvoets" (walking speed). "Stapvoets" has been redefined as max 15 Kmph.
Pretty steep walking speed, I think.... But it is not explicitly applied to
driveway-exits and the new
highway_exits_that_are_supposed_to_act_like_driveway_exits. Now there's a
tag to remember.

> On 2018-06-15 08:28, Peter Elderson wrote:
>
> Speed is limited to 15 Kmph (living_street rules).
>

> Peter, have you got a source for this 15kph maxspeed (wegenverkeerswet)
> for an uitrit that is not a living street? It may be sensible, given the
> priority rules and the physical construction, but I don't believe there is
> any legal basis for a maxspeed as such, is there?

Vr gr Peter Elderson