[Tagging] Unresolved notes

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 06:21:21 UTC 2018

G'day all

Just mentioned this on Bryan's iD thread, but he knows nothing about it.

This last week, I've seen "Unresolved note" markers suddenly appear all
over the place - I've seen them in Europe, US & here in Australia where I
know for a fcat that they definitely weren't showing ~a week ago?

eg https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=10/-27.8696/153.1784&layers=N

Some seem to be problem / error reports from maps.me, but others don't
appear to make much sense at all eg
https://www.openstreetmap.org/note/968837#map=17/-28.12680/153.48452&layers=N

Others are showing as a note apparently at a location
https://www.openstreetmap.org/note/1278528#map=17/-27.96197/153.40334&layers=N,
but then it appears there's nothing there to fix
https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=17/-27.96197/153.40334

Anybody got any ideas about what they're all about & what we're supposed to
do about them?

Thanks

Graeme