[Tagging] `amenity=shelter` implies `building=yes`?

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 06:26:18 UTC 2018

I tag bus stop shelters with amenity=shelter,
shelter_type=public_transport. In Belgium they are constructions with glass
'walls' and a metal roof. I don't consider them as buildings though.

https://www.mapillary.com/app/user/polyglotopenstreetmap?lat=50.888466666666666&lng=4.753776666666667&z=17&pKey=6BcoR8U--jKnsHJUsDTk4g&focus=photo

some are smaller:

https://www.mapillary.com/app/user/polyglotopenstreetmap?lat=50.88728166666667&lng=4.747428333333334&z=17&pKey=1BF1bW6NzDMmG_wCU7v4Tg&focus=photo&x=0.514565120648143&y=0.41978226626934106&zoom=0

I do use JOSM's buldings-tools plugin to draw them. Really convenient to
draw rectangular closed ways with the right tags on them, straight away.

Polyglot