[Tagging] emergency=lifeguard

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Mon Jun 18 11:04:37 UTC 2018

No worries.

For what it’s worth, I fully agree with you. Any emergency=lifeguard[_*] that’s not anywhere close to water is pretty much guaranteed to be a tagging error.

While on the topic of lifeguards, lifeguard=place on a node doesn’t really fit to beaches where there a lifeguard place is usually, but it can be anywhere in a larger section of the beach on a day by day basis, depending on the weather and sea conditions at that moment.

Do we have any tagging scheme for “an area in which it is likely for a lifeguard to be”? I’m not sure if simply tagging an area with emergency=lifeguard lifeguard=place is appropriate for that.