[Tagging] emergency=lifeguard

Tobias Wrede list at tobias-wrede.de
Mon Jun 18 16:03:25 UTC 2018

Am 11.06.2018 um 23:09 schrieb Graeme Fitzpatrick:
> Had a look at https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasserrettungsstation &
> it's a purely German organisation, which would appear to be life
> guards, although with possibly a bit of Coast Guard / Marine Rescue
> included?

Actually, this would be the general German term for a lifeguard base.
They are manned/run by different organisations (DLRG, ASB, Wasserwacht).
To my knowledge they only do near shore rescuing for swimmers, surfers,
light boats etc. Off-shore rescuing more intended for rescuing ships'
crews is done by German Coast Guard (Küstenwache, state run) or more
often by another non-governmental organization called Deutsche
Gesellschaft zur Rettung Schiffbrüchiger.

Tobias