[Tagging] New GitHub tagging repo "osmlab/osm-tagging" - was: emergency=lifeguard

Bryan Housel bhousel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 22:36:25 UTC 2018

> On Jun 18, 2018, at 5:27 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
>
> Jokes aside, there are many serious reasons why good old-fashioned
> mailing lists should be the mainstay of important communication in OSM.

I’m not suggesting to replace the mailing list.  As you can probably tell form the past week, I’ve significantly stepped up my participation.  I will happily take the lead on tagging discussions if that’s what it takes to prevent another `transit:lanes`.

> So yes, +1 to keeping the discussion on email - documenting results on
> Github is ok, but trying to move the decision-making there would be
> problematic.

Yep, also +1 to keeping everything on the tagging list.  The Github repo is to track what actual work is being done and by whom.  (Please tag yourself if you see something you want to help with.)

Right now the only GitHub issue is to fix the `emergency=lifeguard` situation, which we’ve already reached consensus on.

Thanks, Bryan