[Tagging] emergency=first_aid_kit

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 22:41:53 UTC 2018

On 21/06/18 08:00, Paul Allen wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 10:53 PM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com
>
>     There are fist ad kits .. and first aid kits ..
>

> I now have a scene playing in my head.  It's Paul Hogan sneering and
> saying "Call that a
> first aid kit?  Now THIS is a first aid kit." :)
>
> Probably useful enough to map so tourists know where to go in an
> emergency.  Or maybe
> best not to map them as the kits that contain stuff to perform
> amputations are going to have
> some serious drugs in them.

Tourist will usually ask for help .. either by some communication device
(HF radio, sat-phone, EPIRB/PLB) or by going to a person at a farm
(homestead)/town/village or even just someone travelling down the road.
That help should know where the RFDS can land, where local help is
available and be able to coordinate that help. If not then they are not
a 'local'.

For remote locations.. best call the RFDS first .. if you cannot get
them .. then possibly the police on the emergency phone number (112
works internationally, 000 in Australia)  (as they look to have better
capabilities than the ambulance service in remote areas for
understanding where you are (the ambulance service seams to think a
cross street is required to locate you .. nearest cross street might be
100 kms away!) ).

RFDS don't release their drug list .. but here is one from a similar set
up
http://remotehealthatlas.nt.gov.au/emergency_outreach_drug_box_contents.pdf#search=%22emergency%22
A 4WD kit
https://www.stjohnqld.com.au/Shop/First-aid-kits/Kit-off-road-4WD Note
the lack of drugs. Anyone doing a good first aid course will know how to
get drugs for use. Do a course .. more than 2 days!