[Tagging] drop covered=booth?

Bryan Housel bhousel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 16:39:13 UTC 2018

Looks like we can wrap up discussion on this.
Per Paul Allen’s suggestion, mappers can continue use `covered=yes` for telephones with a hood.
Opened https://github.com/osmlab/osm-tagging/issues/8 <https://github.com/osmlab/osm-tagging/issues/8>  to track next actions for this.

"Consensus on list is that covered=booth offers no additional information over booth=* and conflicts with existing semantics for covered=yes/no. We'll replace all instances of covered=booth with covered=yes and add a booth=yes to any features that don't already have a booth tag.”

Thanks,
Bryan