[Tagging] drop covered=booth?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 13:34:47 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 23. Jun 2018, at 18:39, Bryan Housel <bhousel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> "Consensus on list is that covered=booth offers no additional information over booth=* and conflicts with existing semantics for covered=yes/no. We'll replace all instances of covered=booth with covered=yes and add a booth=yes to any features that don't already have a booth tag.”

covered has been defined as yes/no/covered by what since 2013, there is no conflict at all.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:covered&oldid=918451

There are 4300 booth=* but there are 20% more covered=booth

The booth key has no wiki definition, so it remains completely obscure what it is intended to mean.

I do not see a basis for modifying the wiki in the suggested way, even less for an automated edit in favor of the less used, undocumented tagging style.

Cheers,
Martin