[Tagging] shop=discount

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 19:05:14 UTC 2018

> Hi
>
> No, a discount shop isn't the same as a a variety shop.

+1, it could be seen as a variant of small supermarket or convenience
store. I have also asked myself in the past if we make these a new kind of
shop or add a discounter=yes flag or something similar.
Currently they are tagged as supermarkets.

It is usually clear for the "natives" which brand names relate to discount
stores, but the distinction might be interesting for tourists. I believe
there is some difference compared to supermarkets, which could be reflected
somehow in the tagging, but maybe it is so subtle that a main tag would be
overkill? A flag makes it easy for dataconsumers that are unaware or less
interested in this distinction, to ignore it, without delivering completely
wrong results.

Cheers,
Martin