[Tagging] shop=shoe_repair

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Mon Jun 25 19:22:57 UTC 2018

On 6/24/2018 6:22 PM, Paul Allen wrote:

> Map it as the main shop type and ignore the rest.  Or use
> semicolon-separated values in the shop=, with the
> main shop type first.  Or map each function as a node in a different
> place in the building.
>
> There's no good way of doing it, just various bad ways with different
> advantages and disadvantages.
>
> --
> Paul

The variety of this I usually use is: Map it as the main shop type, and
list all services under the description= tag.

shop=shoe_repair
description=shoe polishing and repair, watch repair, key copying

But that probably won't help when you're looking to get a key copied and
don't think to check the description tag of the shoe repair shop around
the corner. As you say, no good way to do this, just various bad ways.

jmb