[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - highway strip

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 07:18:38 UTC 2018

On 26/06/18 16:29, Philip Barnes wrote:
> No strong opinion either, but how are these verified. Is there some
> sort of sign?
Here, yes. and in some places;
the road furniture (guide posts, speed signs) are removable so the wings
clear things., and the police come out to remove the signs and close the
highway..

Wikipedia has a world wide article on it ..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_strip

And
https://www.governmentnews.com.au/2015/07/highway-doubles-as-flying-doctor-landing-strip/

Then there is this - warning video is annoying
https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/the-highways-masquerading-as-secret-military-airfields/news-story/adccbeb1ed6ab0d4ce20ac92bce72d20