[Tagging] How to tag bakery not selling bread or other bread-like products?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 13:43:01 UTC 2018

> The same problem as with bakery. I would expect amenity=fast_food to sell
> something that
> at least can pretend to be a meal.
>
> I like cuisine tag, but I will probably use cuisine=regional (and maybe
> regional=obwarzanek).

I think this is something country / region specific and should get a
dedicated subtag / property to be clearly identifiable. Cuisine on a bakery
seems a bit strange, (not completely strange, some bakeries also sell
meals, i.e. it could be misleading to add cuisine=regional).

shop=bakery seems the closest, but only if you consider this kind of
product "bread", otherwise you can not apply the tag (definition: "A shop
selling bread").

Maybe you should create a dedicated main tag, (if it is not "bread") or a
subtag for bakery like bakery=pl:obwarzanek
or maybe bakery=polish_bagels ?

polish_bagels=only?

Essence is, something specific, not a convention that something generic is
meant to mean something specific.

Cheers,
Martin