[Tagging] How to tag bakery not selling bread or other bread-like products?

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Tue Jun 26 20:41:34 UTC 2018

On 6/26/2018 9:07 AM, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
> It is basically subtype of bagel* and similar to pretzel (bretzels is
> a typo, right?).
>
> * that appears to originate in the Jewish communities of Poland,
> with the first recorded mention in Jewish community ordinances in
> Kraków, Poland

Bretzel is German for pretzel.

If the obwarzanek is like a pretzel (one of the pictures even calls it a
"precle"), and if it's baked on-site, I think shop=bakery is good.  Some
map renderings even use a pretzel icon for all bakeries.

If there's no baking on premises, just the selling of obwarzanki, I'd
call it fast food, or maybe cafe if there's seating and coffee.

Regardless of whether it ends up as shop=bakery, amenity=fast_food, or
amenity=cafe, I like the idea of tagging with cuisine=obwarzanek. (After
all, cuisine=bagel is reasonably popular.) Then, if you're seeking an
obwarzanek, you can just search the cuisine tag and they would all come
up, regardless of the shop/amenity classification.

jmb