[Tagging] esperanto=yes

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 14:03:26 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 2:30 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I don’t, but apparently this mapper is interested in features regarding
> their esperanto support, and I don’t see a reason not to allow it.
>
> Spoken languages could be an interesting attribute for tourists as well,
> at least until automatic translation is ubiquitous and working sufficiently
> well.

The examples previously given don't seem (to me) to be sufficient to
justify mapping.

"This school has an hour of Esperanto lessons a week.  And 2 hours of
French and 2 hours of German."  Not sufficient to
tag it as French, German or Esperanto.

If the school taught EVERY lesson in Esperanto then that would (perhaps)
justify mapping it.

More concretely, I live in Wales.  For many years English was the dominant
language.  More recently there has
been a strong push to promote Welsh.  Road signage is officially
bilingual.  Many schools in my area have switched
from teaching all lessons in English to teaching all lessons in Welsh.  It
might be of interest to a handful of people
from other parts of the UK considering moving to the area to know if the
local schools taught in English or Welsh, and
that might be sufficient to justify adding a language tag.

--
Paul