[Tagging] Boot cleaning stations

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 09:45:19 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 12:03 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> man_made=boot_cleansing ??

Seems about as good as anything else.  Not really leisure or amenity
because it's not for fun and it's
more of a requirement than a lifestyle choice ("I think I need to get my
boots cleansed one day this week," or
"Let's go for an afternoon of boot cleansing").

I used 'cleansing' rather than 'cleaning' to try and get away from the
> beatification thing.

There's only one location where boot beatification could take place.  But I
doubt the Pope would do it.
Perhaps you meant beautification. :)

> May be at the same time a tag for boot/shoe beatification should be
> created so they are distinguishable in OSM and mappers then have the choice
> rather than lumping them all in together.

Assuming you meant beautification, then I'd agree.  If you document it but
nobody uses it then all you've wasted is a
few words in the wiki.  If you don't document it then people WILL abuse
your cleansing tag because it's the best fit
they can find (If the boot fits, beatify it).

--
Paul