[Tagging] Canoe route

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 16:37:18 UTC 2018

Thanks all for the feedback. I was away all day yesterday so excuse this
late reply.

I tagged the route as a relation a long time ago (route=canoe) but was
updating some areas lately and came across those untagged ways again and
their invisibility began nagging at me. While I don't expect anybody to
actually use a routing service to put together a wilderness trip at their
desk, I want my work to be helpful for canoeists when following "the trail"
as it weaves through myriad lakes, around islands, from put-in to take-out,
for each leg of the route. If OSM-based maps don't show the lake crossings,
how will users follow the parts of the route with the untagged ways? I'm
unsure if such a route will be followable. Does anyone know how to test it
for routablity?

--
Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska