[Tagging] Tagging request: missing admin_level tags

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 21:57:15 UTC 2018

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 7:51 PM, Matthijs Melissen
<info at matthijsmelissen.nl> wrote:
> A map showing admin boundary ways without admin_level tag (displayed
> in gray) can be found here:
> http://product.itoworld.com/map/2?lon=20.00736&lat=51.92203&zoom=6
> As can be seen, most countries already do have admin_level on ways.
> However, in for example Poland, Iran and Australia, this data seems to
> be missing.

In my area, most of the administrative boundaries are not shown on
that map at all,
because they've already been reduced to multipolygon relations, and borders
are shared ways.

The way I read your message, borders will now have to be retagged to be
displayed in the default rendering.

Can I get some advance instructions on what I'd have to do to retag the
entities in my immediate area so that the boundaries don't disappear from
the default map? It's not immediately obvious from your message.
(Moreover, there are a great many - so something like a MapRoulette
project would be needed.)

Also, what will happen with boundary=protected_area,
boundary=aboriginal_lands, boundary=national_park, etc.?