[Tagging] aeroway=runway - wiki fiddling

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 11 23:33:53 UTC 2018

Something similar in concept to a river could be developed. A linear way
for the the routing etc (waterway), and an area to indicate the outline
of the runway/taxiways (riverbank).

I always map them as closed polygons because:

  * It's more accurate
  * Runways aren't necessarily rectangular, Some have bulbous turning
    circles to come back down the runway, rather than a one way taxi
    network.
  * Even grass strips for microlights render very wide in Carto when
    zoomed out.

Please don't let whoever changed the wiki to read 'runaway = Runway of
an airfield' ever compile a dictionary

DaveF.