[Tagging] Tagging fraction house numbers?

Michael Reichert osm-ml at michreichert.de
Tue Mar 13 14:30:52 UTC 2018

Hi,

Am 2018-03-13 um 12:22 schrieb James:
> in case it wasnt bad enough, there's 40A to the right of it:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/MhED15C_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
>
> if we are using ASCII do we put a space between 40 and 1/2 to avoid 401/2?
> it's the main advantage of using ½ so you can easily decifer what it
> is(apart from multi-byte character parsing)

Bavaria has a lot of them. Mappers in Bavaria use spaces.
https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/wYq

To make things even more weird, they also have housenumbers like 129
1/2a, 129 1/2b, … (where the city needed numbers between 129 1/2 and 131
and did not use 129 5/8, 129 3/4, 129 7/8).
https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/wYn

Best regards

Michael

[1] I wrote "Augsburg" because a mapper from Augsburg telled me about
that numers a few years ago. However, these numbers are used in all
districts of Bavaria.