[Tagging] Manor tagging

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 11:28:09 UTC 2018

On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 10:27:10 +0000
Andy Townsend <ajt1047 at gmail.com> wrote:

> OSM doesn't really have deprecated tags

OSM has tags described as terrible idea that should not be used.

> I wouldn't read too much into the wiki here

Well, given that humans are incapable of telepathy and nobody who used
this tag bothered to reply Wiki remain as the best available source.

Even if Wiki is terrible it is usually better than nothing.

> > 3. It's easier for data consumers (including rendering) to have
> > more general categories with subcategories.
>
> Speaking as a data consumer, not really.

It depends on situation, but usually subtags are better.