[Tagging] Manor tagging

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 01:40:20 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 18. Mar 2018, at 22:55, Daniel Koć <daniel at koć.pl> wrote:
>
> castle_type=manor (with an underscore, not a colon) - it has 1446 uses, which is less than historic=manor (3 919), but bot are in the same range (1k < x <10 k)

actually castle_type=manor is in the 300-2400 range, while historic=manor in the 2400-19200 range, and it has more than double the usage ;-)

I don’t follow the 2 tags are easier than 1  tag philosophy, especially as the 2 usually contain at least one key that is only used in a very narrow field (like castle_type here), and as not all specific things that are squeezed into a generic term (here castle) will typically be considered instances of “term” (you can see this also in tower:type).

cheers,
Martin