[Tagging] tree stumps

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 10:28:49 UTC 2018

I'd like to raise awareness for tree stumps. Often when mappers observe a
tree has been cut or has fallen, they will remove the natural=tree node.
But if something (a stump) has remained, there is another possibility:
convert the tree to natural=tree_stump

I've recently set up a wiki page after I noticed that other mappers had
already been using the same tag, (comments / improvements welcome):

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:natural%3Dtree_stump

This way you also reduce the probability that someone will recreate the
tree from aerial imagery after it has been removed.

Cheers,
Martin