[Tagging] wetap specific tags

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 14:26:57 UTC 2018

> On 23/03/2018 13:11, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>

> actually, this isn't an import but an app.
>

> Even so, I'd still comment on the changeset made by the person who pressed
> the button in the app so that they know that there is a problem.

I have now looked further into this, and it appears that the app collects
the data and sends it to the publisher, who will then upload the POIs into
OSM. At least this is what it looks like.

  Also of course you can try raising issues in github repositories etc. and
> as a last resort raise with the DWG (and the discussion on this list is
> also useful) but in the first instance the person who added the data to OSM
> should be responsible* and I'd comment to them.

thank you, I wouldn't want to escalate to the DWG if avoidable, it is not a
huge issue (~1000 objects) and the things are not appearing to be wrong,
just different tags rather than standard tags.
The object level source tag may be seen as kind of spam, but as far as I
have seen til now, the edits seem to be old (4-5 years) and maybe by that
time it wasn't clear yet to everybody, where to be put source information.

Cheers,
Martin