[Tagging] Attendant on amenity=fuel

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 05:08:44 UTC 2018

In the U.S. almost all service stations are unattended these days. The
pumps are automated and accept only credit cards. Persons needing to pay
cash have to go to a separate office or shop to pay. Oregon used to be the
only state I visit regularly in which customers were not allowed to fuel
their vehicles. Attendants did everything; filled the tank, cleaned the
windshield, checked the oil. IIRC, that law just recently changed.

Dave

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 7:44 AM, Stephan Knauss <osm at stephans-server.de>
wrote:

> It is the norm that you have an attendant coming and filling up the tank
> for you.
>
> Some places will always clean the windscreen while waiting for the refill,
> but don't this is something to tag special as you can always ask the
> attendant to clean them.
>
> In some countries it differs, so I suggest to tag things not following the
> norm of the country.
>
> Stephan
>

> On March 29, 2018 5:58:51 PM GMT+07:00, "Javier Sánchez Portero" <
> javiersanp at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, english is not my first languange and I'm not sure of have been
>> used the correct word in the subject. I'm looking for a key to denote if
>> you have to refuel by your self or not. I meant if the station operates on
>> self service mode.
>>
>> Didn't found nothing in the wiki or taginfo.
>>
>> I'm confused also about the use of Key:tenant. The description in the
>> wiki is to short for a non native English speaker. Could any one give me
>> further details?
>>
>> Thank you, Javier.

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska