[Tagging] Still RFC — Drop stop positions and platforms

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 09:52:53 UTC 2018

When tagging platforms as ways, I wouldn't add details like name to them,
as the name would already be present on the platform node, which represents
the stop, both for rendering purposes as for being added to the route
relations.

I would only map a platform as a way, if there is tactile paving, or it's
higher than the rest of the sidewalk, or if it's clearly an island between
main road and cycleway. Before we had the bus_bay=right/left/both, I have
been adding platform ways in the shape of the bay. Not sure if that is the
best practice. As I got used to them, I think they render nicely, but it
may be exaggerated. They are not mapped for the purpose of adding them to
the route relations and there is clearly accommodations for the buses near
such stops. Most of them look like (narrower) sidewalks though.

Jo