[Tagging] Attendant on amenity=fuel

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Fri Mar 30 10:37:53 UTC 2018

Based on the information provided here:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dfuel#Service

and what was stated in previous posts on the mailing list, I would guess that the correct tags would be:

Only serviced by attendant:

self_service=no

full_service=yes

Self service always available, attended only during the day:

self_service=yes

full_service=no

full_service:conditional=yes @ 06:00-18:00

(following the recommendation in the wiki to specify the default value explicitly when it’s not obvious)

Self service only available at night when no attendant is present:

self_service=yes

full_service:conditional=no @ 06:00-18:00

full_service=no

full_service:conditional=yes @ 06:00-18:00

The expectation for the default values of self_serivce and full_service will probably vary greatly from location to location, so it’s probably best to always explicitly specify both to take the guessing out of it.