[Tagging] Slipway vs boat ramp

Mike H 1jgon6 at gmail.com
Thu May 3 16:14:29 UTC 2018

The user Tex Shotcaller made me realize that there are two different kinds
of slipway. There is the traditional slipway where you have a track to
slide the boat down, and then there are boat ramps where you drive a
trailer into the water and float the boat off the trailer. Both of these
are very different feature, but they are tagged the same way as

I think there is a better way to tag these so that it is known what is
being described. I'm not really sure what the best way to do this is, and
so I'm asking here for ideas.


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20180503/e3f608bf/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list