[Tagging] Mapping generic sheds

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri May 4 07:39:29 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

On 4. May 2018, at 07:23, marc marc <marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> building=farm_auxiliary
>> farm_auxiliary:architecture=shed/*
>
> this combination makes no sense.
> building value is about appearance.
> so if the appearance is a shed, then building=shed

+1, also building=stable or building=pigsty etc. would be ok

>> farm_auxiliary:function=sheeps;cows;horses;*
>
> or building:usage ?
> but a cow is not a usage, nor a function.

for animal related features there is the key “animal”, the most used value is “yes” https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/animal#values
its wiki page suggests keys like cat=yes etc
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Animals

IMHO for a pigsty pigs would be implicit.

building=farm_auxiliary is a more generic “I don’t know it well, but it’s part of a farm and not a residential building”-tag. I would prefer more specific building values if you do know better.

cheers,
Martin