[Tagging] [OKFILTER] Re: Mapping generic sheds

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat May 5 08:32:33 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 4. May 2018, at 22:48, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If one or two people can fit inside, it's a shed.  If you can fit a car in, and the door is wide enough, it's
> a garage.  Bigger than that and it's a barn.  Smaller than a shed and it's a kennel.

I like these definitions, simple and concise.

Generally we have some gaps in farm tagging, or at least what is documented. Maybe huge agri-industrial plants require different tagging, but for smaller size traditional farm situations we could need an effort that collects usual tagging and maybe also documents new tags which are still missing, eg something for different livestock: chicken/goose house, pigsty, cow house, hutches and “fenced outdoor animal areas” (pasture and eventually outdoor parts of the aforementioned animal “residences”), manure and slurry pit, different storage areas, dairy kitchen, etc.

cheers,
Martin