[Tagging] Odd and even ranges of addresses

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed May 9 08:54:15 UTC 2018

It is unclear for me what and how you tag. Can you link example OSM object (way/node)?

"building tagged addr:housenumber=100-102 may be even numbers only leaving out 101"

So building has 100 and 102 housenumber assigned to it? I would use two address nodes
placed on a building, but addr:housenumber=100;102* also would probably work.

* or 101,102 - it appears that comma is six times more popular as a separator than standard ;
according to https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/addr%3Ahousenumber#values <https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/addr%3Ahousenumber#values>