[Tagging] address property vs. housenumber as a feature

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri May 11 13:04:12 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 11. May 2018, at 14:35, Javier Sánchez Portero <javiersanp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> similar for the other two streets. With the proposed relation, I would create a relation with this tags
>
> type=address
> addr:housenumber=1-25
> addr:postcode=10018
> addr:street=West 33rd Street

I would consider not adding the address tags to the relation because
a) you could have features with several postcodes (imagine entrances on different streets)
b) addr:housenumber=1-25 is not telling you which housenumbers it contains (better would be a list of all housenumbers)
c) it is duplicating the addresses with respect to the individual plaques

The address should be inherited from the members

Cheers,
Martin