[Tagging] tagging of one-way cycle lanes

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat May 12 11:13:36 UTC 2018

> Why should I split the highway and add lanes=4 on parts where lanes are
> marked and lanes=1 on parts where just the outer limits of the carriageway
> are marked, on the very same road with the same width (because of the
> "marked" requirement)?

the answer is probably because someone has unilaterally added these words
10 years ago into the wiki, based on assumptions from his regional context,
without being aware that many parts of the world are built according to
different standards (or no standards). It is a typical norther European /
American point of view, where everything is "well organised" and
structured, so that unsigned lanes at most occur systematically in the
countryside, but not in the centre of a big city. And where all traffic is
focussed on motorized vehicles.

Cheers,
Martin