[Tagging] tagging of one-way cycle lanes

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun May 13 21:47:23 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 9. May 2018, at 19:11, Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My (basic) tagging would be:
> highway=unclassified (or whatever)
> cycleway:right=lane
> cycleway:right:oneway=yes
> cycleway:left=lane
> cycleway:left:oneway=-1
>
> the value "-1" is discouraged for the "oneway" key, but in this case I see no alternative
> "cycleway:left:oneway=-1" has some 800 uses in taginfo, "cycleway:right:oneway=yes" has some 2800 uses in taginfo.
>
> Should I go ahead with my tagging? Alternatives?

to me it looks ok, but the wiki defines cycleway:right and cycleway:left as exclusive tags (“only”), which should probably be changed, to enable tagging like this (and particularly for the rare cases where both cyclelanes go into the same direction). Or is there a good reason to make these tags exclusive/not combinable?

Cheers,
Martin