[Tagging] tagging arbiters (gone OT)

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Mon May 14 13:03:46 UTC 2018

On 13/05/2018 22:34, Kevin Kenny wrote:
> I've long said that the final arbiters of tagging should be... the
> people who implement the routers, renderers, navigation systems,.
> search engines, and so on

No.

We already have the case where Carto-OSM are requesting duplicated tags
on ways that are already in relations as they're unwilling/unable to
right code that manipulates relation data.

We also have renderers who want extraneous data added as they claim to
be unable to circumnavigate pedestrian areas (even though they do it on
roundabouts).

Everyone has a valid say in tagging.

DaveF