[Tagging] Weighbridges for containers

Stefano sabas88 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 13:33:26 UTC 2018

Hello,
since two years an IMO regulation requires the weighing of full shipping
containers and this caused the increase of weighing stations, often grouped
together in the same facility.
I wanted to map some of them and opted for using the existing tag amenity =
weighbridge[0] but on an area instead of the highway.
I created also the tag ( weighbridge:solas = yes ) to tell apart the
classic weighbridges (i.e. for tractors) from the ones used for container
trucks

Example: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/505500747

What do you think?
Should I describe the use case on the wiki page?

Thanks,
Stefano

[0] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dweighbridge