[Tagging] access=disabled

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Fri May 18 07:03:32 UTC 2018

With emergency and disabled as part of access restrictions, they central question becomes, are these access tag values (like yes, no, private, destination, delivery, customers, ...) or transport modes (like foot, bicycle, motor_vehicle, ...)

access=no
emergency=yes

implies that it is a transport mode.

While:

vehicle=emergency
foot=yes

an access tag value.

Personally, I feel that disabled and emergency sound more like access tag values (similar to customer, agricultural, forestry) than transport modes.

But I've now noticed that emergency and disabled ARE actually documented under https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access but as transport modes.