[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Walkingbus_stop

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Fri May 18 23:47:44 UTC 2018

I agree that it definitely is "transport" and that it has all the features (pole, waiting area, timetable, fixed route) that make it very suitable to map as public_transport.

The only thing we have to decide upon is how "public" a public_transport must be.

Does it have to be available to all members of the public that are willing to pay for it? Or is it acceptable to map something as public_transport if there is an additional requirement (being a student at a particular school in this case)? Are there any other things mapped as public_transport already that have additional conditions for usage?

Personally, I'm fine with still considering this as public_transport, and hence map a walking bus as such. We might just have to come up with a tag that allows specifying what additional restrictions apply for potential passengers.