[Tagging] Seasonal, intermittent, and ephemeral water tags

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Sat May 19 03:06:07 UTC 2018

I'm not sure if the two tags need to or should be mixed like that.

It might be better to just allow time frames (seasons as well as month ranges) in addition to yes/no values for both seasonal and intermittent.

So:

seasonal=summer
intermittent=summer

means it's only flowing in the summer (from seasonal), and then only intermittent.

or

seasonal=summer
intermittent=autumn-spring or autumn;winter;spring or march-november (maybe mar-nov ?)

means it's always flowing in the summer, and intermittent the rest of the year.

The concept of seasons becomes less meaningful the closer you get to the equator, so allowing month based time frames would make sense. Maybe also the concept of tropical "wet" or "dry" season. Perhaps "monsoon" season as well in areas where that is a prominent weather pattern.